After being shut in all winter, what’s on your to-do list? Don’t forget to add servicing your septic tank to the list!
At every pump out, your professional septic tank cleaner should:
- Pump it out
- Check for cracks or leaks
- Watch for back flow from the field
- Make sure the line from tank to house is clear by running water through it
- Check for a septic baffle: if none is present it should be installed
- Clean the septic filter if one is present
- Install a riser to the surface if none exists
The above checklist focuses on the tank, but tells you very little about your drain field. Make sure your tank is properly maintained to lengthen the life of your drain field.
Find out what you need to know about cleaning your septic tank here.
Have questions about how to keep your septic system running at peak performance? LaChance Brothers Excavating has the experience you’re looking for in septic tank pumping for your South Lyon home. We’ve served South Lyon and the surrounding communities since 1956. We’re family run, and we’ll treat you like family.
Learn more about how to care for your septic tank on our website!